Finding Financial Independence
The My Money Program, created by the Florida Department of Financial Services, is a comprehensive and inclusive financial literacy program for individuals with developmental disabilities, their family members and caregivers.
The My Money Program makes financial education accessible and helps empower every Floridian to work towards financial independence. The My Money Program is designed in two sections:
For the Individual
Individuals can focus on topics such as money basics, safety and making plans with money. They learn at their own pace and work through each step based on money basics, making a spending plan and sources of income and savings.
- Fun and helpful tips about money
For Parents, Guardians and Support Providers
Caregivers can access tools and information on the programs and services that are available to assist individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Tips on teaching money management skills
- Tools to support the teaching process
- Information on federal and state assistance programs
- Resources and information on organizations that can help
- Guidance on employment, ABLE accounts, special needs trusts and more