Quick and Convenient
All of PNB’s personal and business checking accounts as well as savings accounts are eligible for a debit card.
Debit Card Fraud Protection
Credit and debit card fraud is a serious and growing problem. PNB is committed to providing greater security for your account information and protection of your funds. We have implemented the following to improve your financial security:
PNB has upgraded customer cards to an EMV chip card with the latest state-of-the-art security. EMV chip technology is becoming the global standard for debit card payments. EMV cards are designed to prevent theft of card information that was possible by skimming with the older magnetic stripe type cards.
jhaPassPort Fraud Center
The jhaPassPort Fraud Center helps identify fraud as it occurs and prevent additional debit card fraud. This managed fraud service uses the FICO Falcon platform, which deploys neural network technology and cardholder profiling to identify fraud patterns as they occur. The FICO Falcon platform is an industry-leading solution to reduce fraud.
High-risk transactions are identified and acted upon by a fraud analyst, who contacts the cardholder to verify the transactions. If fraud is confirmed, the debit card is disabled to prevent further fraudulent activity. If the cardholder is not available to confirm the activity, the debit card is set to a “blocked” status pending further investigation.
The Fraud Center will contact the customer through the following methods: SMS text, email and automated dialing. The automated dialer will take the cardholder through a series of steps to verify the cardholder and the suspect transactions. If fraud is confirmed with the automated voice program, the cardholder will be connected to a fraud analyst.
Please inform PNB if your phone number or email changes so that we can maintain the most accurate contact information.
smsGuardian™ Text Alerts
SmsGuardian™ is a service that uses text messages to enable you to monitor debit card activity occurring on your account and respond immediately to fraudulent activity. When enrolled in smsGuardian™ you will receive an SMS text alert each time your card is used for the following:
- International transactions
- Out-of-state transactions
- Single transactions of $250 or more
- Card not present transactions
- Four or more transactions in 24 hours
- Transactions that are declined
You will receive alerts via SMS text to your cell phone for all enrolled cards. The number of alerts you receive will be based on your card usage and settings determined by the Bank. Before alerts can be sent, you must confirm your enrollment by successfully texting your enrollment code provided by the smsGuardian™ website when setting up a device.
A text message may describe how to respond in order to block your card from use. If the transaction was not performed by you, please reply immediately as instructed to block the card from future use. All replies must be received within 12 hours from receipt of message.
You are responsible for any text messaging fees from your carrier. Message and data rates may apply. Enrollments will be active for one year. You will be notified prior to expiration of your smsGuardian™ account and may text a reply to renew.
Tips for Additional Security Measures
- If you will be traveling outside of the U.S. and plan to use your debit card, please contact PNB Community Bank at 850-678-3110 to temporarily activate your debit card for international usage.
- Do not share your PIN with anyone and do not write the PIN on the card.
- When selecting a PIN, do not use your birth date, telephone number or Social Security number.
- Do not disclose information about your card in response to an unsolicited email or request. (Note: PNB will never ask for any financial information via text.)
- When making online purchases, use only trusted sites. Look for secure transaction symbols (https:// and a closed padlock icon) when shopping online to ensure your account information is protected.
- Check your bank statements regularly and please contact us immediately if there is any suspicious activity.
- Check your credit report annually.
- Always protect your debit card and keep it in a safe place, just like you would cash, credit cards or checks.
- Immediately notify us if your card is lost or stolen at 850-678-3110.